Frequently Asked Questions
- Would I be able to accept payments online in USD?Yup, we fully support AED and USD .. that means you can process transactions in these currencies, and get settled in these currencies too (without getting hit with any currency conversion fees).
- Do you accept only card payments? VISA/MasterCard anything else? How about PayPal?We support Visa and MasterCard, the two big boys in credit card processing that together account for about 99% of all your credit card needs. We tried talking to American Express but they're playing hard to get. We'll check back with them later. We don't like Paypal very much.
- Can I sell globally?You betcha! Accept payments from virtually any country in the world -- you'll have to have your legal setup in the UAE though (so we can drop by and say hi from time to time. Maybe.)
- Do you do 3D card verification (or 3D Secure)?No, White does not support MasterCard SecureCode or Verified by Visa (commonly referred to as 3D Secure).
All payments will be processed without 3D Secure, and there are no additional charges or penalties for not supporting 3D Secure.
What is 3D Secure?
3D Secure is a system for additional verification of a customer's identity at the time they make a card payment online. With 3D Secure, customers are redirected to a page provided by their bank to enter an additional password before online payments are approved.
While other providers often encourage or mandate the use of 3D Secure, at White we've so far opted not to support 3D Secure since we believe the costs outweigh the benefits. 3D Secure has a detrimental effect on the user experience for customers trying to complete payment, which results in lost revenue.
- Do American and European banks ever decline card transactions because your receiving bank is in UAE?Nope, the fraud protection we employ takes place at the acquiring level (which we control).. and not at the issuing bank level.
- What is your receiving bank in UAE?We currently deal with Network International, but we're in the process of switching over to a different bank. In reality, this won't affect you one bit, since you never interact with our acquiring bank directly (always done via White, transparently).
- Do you support recurring payments?We sure do, consider checking out our platform integrations.
- What integrations do you currently support?We've got a growing list of integrations. Check them out here
- Do you provide an integration hands-on help? If so, Is it free of charge?We'd be happy to help out with integrtions .. we don't have the bandwidth to develop plugins/integrations ourselves, but would be thrilled to help out with technical issues that arise. Just have your developer (or you)hit us up any day of the week.
Special thanks to Alex for suggesting we put this page up, and the questions.